Monday, October 27, 2014

Music Monday!

Well, here we are again on Music Monday. And I wish that I could share more than just one song, but... Wait. What's stopping me? This is my blog, and I can do whatever I want, goshdangit!!!

We're going to stick with one band, because that seems logical to me. And that band is Memphis May Fire.

I love them. I kind of discovered them through listening to Matty Mullins, the lead singer. He made his own self-titled album and it's amazing. He's Christian, and all of his lyrics have such wonderful meanings behind them.

He writes the lyrics based on his personal experiences and feelings. That's what I love about Memphis May Fire and Matty Mullins. He's phenomenal.

So, for our first song, it's from the album "Unconditional".

It's called "Beneath the Skin". You might want to look up the lyrics if you don't usually listen to Metalcore... Or maybe you should look them up anyway, because there's so much power behind the lyrics. And I think everyone should listen to this, or at least read the lyrics.

For our next song, it's from their album "Challenger".

This one is called Legacy.
I respect Matty Mullins because he really doesn't give a crap about what other people think of his music. He does it because it's what he loves and he says what he thinks.

I think a lot of people are scared of Metalcore  because it's got a lot of minor keys, but the words can have SUCH power. Like this band, and that's why I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment