Friday, October 17, 2014

Fandoms, Feels, and Fangirling on Friday! - Ouran High School Host Club


From left to right: (Front) Kyoya Otori, Tamaki Suoh, Mitsukuni "Hunny" Haninozuka, (Back) Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka, Hikaru Hitachiin, Kaoru Hitachiin

Ok, I have to say that Ouran High School Host Club was the first anime I watched (that I can remember, at least), and it will forever be number one in my book. I'm not really a shoujo-watching girl (I'm more of a shounen-watcher, depending on what it is, I guess...), but with this one, I love it. It's just freaking hilarious, and even the manga is great. I haven't read all of it, but it's wonderful and beautiful.

So, let's start with the characters, shall we?

First up, the King: Tamaki Suoh.
(LOOK AT HOW CUTE LITTLE TAMA-CHAN IS!!!!!)

He's adorable. Tamaki is the most dramatic of the host club, but there is so much more to him than just being a drama king. That's what I love about anime. The characters are always so much more than they seem and it's absolutely lovely. Plus, in the English dub, Tamaki is voiced by Vic Mignogna, who is one of my favorite voice actors of all freaking time.

Next there's the vice president of the club (aka "Mommy"): Kyoya Otori
Kyoya is my absolute favorite host, no doubt in my mind. He's the most level headed of them all, and he's the one who does all the finances and stuff. Plus, I kind of feel like Kyoya sometimes. I mean, just when you get into some of the later episodes, I connect with him on a spiritual level.
(Kyoya feels pretty, and nothing can convince me differently. He's hiding his smile with that fan)

Anyway, next are the twins, Hikaru and Kaoru (the little devils).
 So, the twins. Where do I even start with these two?! I have to say that I am most like Hikaru, the older one. He's kind of got abandonment issues and he's a little more mischievous than Kaoru, as pointed out by Haruhi in one of the episodes about how she could tell them apart. Kaoru is more... Hmm... I guess you could describe him as the nicer twin. He's more considerate of people than Hikaru is. Hikaru is pretty selfish.
However, they're definitely both the little devil type and love to pull pranks and tricks on people. But they do have their moments where they act like little kids. For example:
My best friend and I have decided that we're the twins (we sometimes have moments like theirs, too...). I'm Hikaru and she's Kaoru.

Next up is Mori.
He's not my favorite. He's very stoic and doesn't say much.

And last is Hunny.
Ah, the shota. The lovable little boy that is actually kind of creepy... O.o

Anyway, that's Ouran. I would say a lot more about it, but I can't really say things without giving away spoilers, so... Yeah. I will say that I've seen this show multiple times and I love it SO much. And I cry whenever I watch the last few episodes. So, be prepared for emotional trauma. Yeah.

That's it for this Fandoms, Feels, and Fangirling Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment